Terms & Conditions: Copeland Park Membership
We may make reasonable changes to the Terms & Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to check online at regular intervals for changes. Please review the Terms & Conditions carefully and make sure that you understand them. In becoming a member of The Kiln Rooms you are agreeing to the below terms:
COVID-19: Temporary additions to our T&Cs during Government restrictions. The current situation is changing regularly and these T&Cs may change to fall in line with the latest health advice. The Kiln Rooms will notify all current members when significant changes are made.
- Before using the studio, members must read The Kiln Rooms safety document which outlines new measures and safety procedures in full. In addition each member will be sent a short safety video outlining new safety / cleaning practices. LINK TO VIDEO
- When using the studio members will abide by all new safety measure in place. These include, but are not limited to; maintaining 1+ metres social distancing, wearing a face covering at all times and following thorough cleaning procedures with regards to work stations and communal tools / equipment.
- If a member feels unwell or suspects they have any Covid-19 symptoms they must follow government advice, which may include self-isolation. If you are experiencing symptoms please do not visit the studio and seek advice. (NHS advice)
- If a member tests positive for Covid-19 they must self-isolate for the recommended period of time and notify The Kiln Rooms Directors as soon as possible. (Gov website)
- ‘Pausing membership’: In the event of non-usage it will not be possible to provide any additional studio time in future or to ‘freeze’ membership. In the event of a future government lockdown ‘freezing’ membership fees will be an option.
- Cancellation notice periods: The current notice period for cancelling membership is 1 month. From 1st September 2021 this will increase to 2 months.
Due to the changing situation The Kiln Rooms has the right to amend these Terms in line with government guidance. We recommend that members regularly check these and we will work with members to ensure that all studio users are kept up to date with changes. (last updated 02/08/21)
Rolling contracts: £250 per month, (minimum of 2 months) paid monthly via standing order.
Fixed term contracts: 6 months: £1,410, 1 year: £2,780. Payment for membership will be taken in full before the membership start date.
Deposit: All members must pay a £250 deposit before becoming a member. We may deduct money from this deposit in the following instances: If the member has damaged kilns or equipment, if there are unpaid firing or material fees outstanding, if a member fails to clear their storage space before leaving, Once a member left the studio the deposit will be refunded.
Leaving the studio: A period of at least 2 months notice is needed for termination of a membership.
No shared contracts and no sub-lets. All prices include VAT.
Included in the price: This fee includes the use of The Kiln Rooms equipment & tools, personal storage space, free access to the Professional Development Programme, business advice and technical support. There is no maximum usage of the studio. Members will have the opportunity to sell work during our bi-annual shows and can be part of two ‘open studio’s’ a year.
Holiday & time in lieu: No holiday or time in lieu. If you are going away for an extended period of time we would recommend cancelling your membership and discussing with management a possible date to rejoin.
Refunds:There are no refunds on rolling contracts. If you have paid for 6 or 12 months upfront we can discuss partial refunds for any time remaining on the contract as long as a notice period of 2 months or more has been given. This will be decided on a case by case basis.
Non-usage of the studio: In the event of non-usage it will not be possible to provide any additional studio time in future or to provide any refunds. The studio closes for 4 days during each of our bi-annual Shows. We may, with reasonable notice and at our discretion, close our premises for reasonable periods of time to carry out essential maintenance, repairs, refurbishment, or for other reasons outside of our control. We will endeavour to reopen facilities as soon as is reasonably possible in these circumstances. You agree that you will not be eligible for any refund for the temporary interruption in services during the period.
Data protection: As a member of The Kiln Rooms it’s important that we contact you with information related to the studio, shows, opening times, health and safety and best practice. We will keep your personal data safe and will not pass this on to any third party.
Sharing the space
Neither The Kiln Rooms nor Kiln Rooms staff are responsible for personal belongings or any work getting damaged, lost or stolen. In communal studios such as this it is inevitable that there will occasionally be work that gets damaged. Any machinery brought into the studio must first be cleared by a member of staff. Best practice should be adhered to at all times when working in the studio and respecting others is key to the harmony of the group. All work in your personal storage area must be removed from the studio by the day membership finishes.
Cleaning: For the studio to work it requires everyone to pitch in. When you use the studio it is best practice to do 20 minutes of cleaning where you have worked and in the communal areas. Always wet clean any dry materials.
Guests: If you want to invite friends/family to see the space, meet fellow members or staff this is fine. If you would like someone to be in the studio for more than 15 minutes and work alongside you on a project this must be agreed in advance with The Kiln Rooms management. As a rule people are not allowed to use the studio unless they have signed up and anyone visiting must be supervised by an inducted studio member / staff at all times.
Special requirement: If you have any special requirements please let us know during your induction.
Kiln usage: If a member is found to have caused damage to the kilns (i.e. explosion or melt down) or other equipment through improper use they may be liable for costs of repair.
Materials: We have a fully stocked materials store at Bellenden Rd (please ask staff or contact Kiln Rooms management).
Health & Safety
Members must have a full induction of the studio (in person and having watched the induction video) before using the space. By signing the induction form members agree that they have understood everything covered in the induction and agree with these therms and conditions. It is also important that everyone respects all Health & Safety regulations, signage, Kiln Rooms staff / members and other Copeland Park residents.
The main points covered in the induction:
- The Kiln Rooms cannot be held responsible for any injuries caused through the misuse of the studio or equipment.
- Food or drink should not be consumed in the studio.
- Fire safety. Please be aware of our evacuation procedure.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel any membership if any of the above points are not respected